Friday, September 30, 2011

...on crappy days...

Days like today leave me at a loss for words. At least appropriate ones.

It was a day full of pain. Grief. Fear. Fatigue. Emotion. Anger. Frustration. Tears.

A man doesn’t have to die to go to Hell.
Unfortunately, it is all around.
For crying out loud!

If I were a slightly more moronic moron, I would demand someone do something about all this garbage in life. Fortunately, I am not.

God did. The Incarnation. His cosmic, transcendental D-Day.

I have always heard, and probably taught at some point, that God DID act. The battle is won right? Christians have victory? After all, Jesus did say, “It is finished!”

But it sure doesn’t feel like it on days like this. Tonight I just want to quit everything.

Wow. Literally the exact moment that I wrote the previous line, I received a text message that said, “Thanks for being there today.”

Maybe that should be the most we need on the worst days.

In fact, I should probably send a message to God that says, “Thanks for being there today.”

Touche.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little teary-eyed. God was there today. No doubt. He was in you. And others. And all around.

    Love you. Really really.

    ReplyDelete