Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hush little baby

I think the world would be different if adults still had someone to sing a lullaby to them before the fell asleep for the night.

I do not mean this to be weird, but someone times I get this feeling that I really wish I could sing a lullaby to someone before they went to sleep.

I would sing all sort of different songs to different people.   Songs about…

Freedom.
Peace.
Starry nights.
Good sleep.
Heartache.
Growing up.
Just being present with them.
Places all over the world.
Stillness.
Things that change.
Things that never change.
Being held.
Moms.
Dads.
Sisters.
Brothers.
Rhymes.
Love.
Holding hands.
Wisdom.
Courage.
Responsibility.
Togetherness.
Loneliness.
Days.
Nights.
Flowers.
Fast days.
Slow days.
Roads.
Choices.
Warmth of smiles.
Big dreams.
Small worries.

I think that this world would be better if the last thought in everyone’s mind was of goodness. See, I have this weird philosophy that goodness that be found everywhere. Goodness can clearly be seen in good things. Goodness can also be found in loneliness, worry and darkness. In loneliness, worry and darkness I find stillness, trust and glimmers of light.

I am looking forward to the time when I can sing a song to my child(ren) as they go to sleep. It is a pretty wild thought to me that I can shape a person.

What lullaby would you need/want sung to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment