Friday, September 16, 2011

Just Dance, gonna be okay

1)      Shout out to my fan Amber. (I guess you never really admitted fan-ness. Just boredom on nightshift)
2)      Please feed my fish… they get feisty when they are hungry. Nobody likes feisty fish.
3)      Here’s the real blog:

So here is how my brain works. I get tired. I get introverted. I get selfish. I get all attention-wanty. Then before long I resemble a little kid in a sandbox shrieking for a toy shovel. Then I get pissed that I am acting like a complete moron.

So here I am. All sleepy-eyed. Questioning my existence and my purpose.
That is just stupid. I can’t even believe I admit that.

I think that is funny how slippery emotions can be.
I am not a directionless, whiney, selfish jerk!
Great work, Andy.

So I get home from work and amidst our conversation my wife, who desires to remain anonymous, and our awesome friend Carolyn said to me, “Get over yourself.”

They are right. Not because of the context of our conversation, but because it’s just plain true.

Here is the bottom line. I shouldn’t want others’ attention as I sit whining in my sandbox. I shouldn’t give a crap what others might think or say. Not because every person in the world is a royal d-bag like me. But because I have a deep understanding of where my identity comes from.

Why not act like a whiney attention-seeking child throwing a temper-tantrum? Because I am a child of God. A royal priesthood. A mighty nation.

A 25 year old crabby, introverted, selfish, attention-seeking idiot probably isn’t what Jesus has in mind as He calls forth His Church. That is not a "mighty nation". 

So, Andy. Get your crap together and make a difference in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment