Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Maybe its just me

The other day, as I sat around the campfire singing Kumbaya with some friends (and by that I mean I was in staff meeting), I had this realization that those around the table who actually read my blog know a lot about me. And by that I mean they know a lot about me.

As I sat there, apparently not paying attention, I started musing about how these several people really knew a lot of details about my self, my past, my struggles and how my brain works. To be honest, I found it difficult to look around and look people in the eye.

It is not that I am ashamed that people know. For once, it wasn’t because I was concerned with that they thought of me. I couldn’t care less if I am deemed unworthy, broken or in need by others who, in reality, are every bit as desperate as I am.

I was struggling because I didn’t know much about them.

I started this blog so that I could start to face myself and deal with the baggage I have been carrying, but it strikes me that being honest with myself doesn’t do much good unless I am using that honesty to connect with others. If this just turns into some sort of attention scheme, strike me dead.

What is the point of this? What is the goal? What is the end?

Oh my dear friends, this is where you come in…

It is my heart’s desire to see all find Christ. I want you to find Christ in the way you need Him. Perhaps you need mercy. Or grace. Or accountability. Or motivation. Or forgiveness.

Why do I write this? So I can get my baggage out of the way so that I can find God. The truth is that I do this for me.

But here’s my point. Perhaps this little firework show of mine would actually do some good by bringing people together and, ultimately, closer to Christ.

Maybe it is you and I who get to have a good conversation.
Maybe you need to have a good conversation with someone else.
Maybe someone from your past.
Maybe someone from your present.

Oh, the more we get together,
Together, together,
Oh, the more we get together,
The happier we'll be.

For your friends are my friends,
And my friends are your friends.
Oh, the more we get together,
The happier we'll be!

 It isn’t just a cute children’s song. I think it might hold a secret to where we can find Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment