Monday, October 10, 2011

Fast Cars and Freedom

Here is the question of the day…

When do you feel the most alive?

I can confidently answer that for you. Driving. It really doesn’t matter when or to where. But driving. If I had my preference, it would be on a warm, sunny, fall day as the leaves are changing colors with the windows down and the wind blowing in my hair. And the music playing.

So today was a warm, sunny, fall day and the leaves are changing colors. And I was driving with the windows down, the wind blowing in my hair and the music was playing.

I felt like I could drive forever. I almost tried. I just felt alive. I felt like I could take on anything in life and the demons in my life refused to even touch me.

Here is the problem. As much as I love, love, love driving in those perfect conditions, that is a pretty superficial thing to feel the most alive about.

Don’t get me wrong, I am all about enjoying the simple things in life, but is really the best I can do?

So I ask my question again. When do you feel most alive?

I think I am going to try to shift my answer. I mean, shouldn’t it be something more along the lines of praising Jesus or something? We won’t get into that.

But if I look at my question, and answer, again, the times I really, really, really feel most alive is when I am simply having a conversation with someone about life. Anyone who knows me knows how I looove to ask questions.

So perhaps this is more of a letter/request to you.
1) If you already have conversations with me… thank you, bless you and keep it up!
2) If you don’t know me and I don’t know you. Let remedy that?


Sincerely,
Me

1 comment:

  1. Glad you brought that question up man! I laughed as soon as I read it. I love thinking about that. Can I share? I feel most alive when my adrenaline is going. Do your senses heighten when your adrenaline pumps?? Running from security, trying to avoid being stabbed with a pencil, trying to convince a girl to take the razors out of her mouth and not kill herself. The adrenaline pumps, the senses heighten, and I feel jacked and alive. When you don't get that rush, it's an empty feeling.

    ReplyDelete