Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Bump On A Log

I don’t think I have much to say today. I have spent most of the day sitting on my butt while watching The Office, Kitchen Nightmares, The Doctors, a documentary on solitary confinement and then a ton of college football. I am enjoying my homemade sweet tea. I have taken two naps so far today. I plan to take another.

This is what I look like on a day off. A useless blob.

I do have to confess a certain indulgence of mine. Actually two. Salt & Vinegar Chips. And scouring travel sites for vacation ideas and deals.

Usually like once every few weeks I get this overwhelming urge to travel. Anywhere. North, south, east or west. Planes, trains and automobiles. Boats. It doesn’t matter. Once the itch to go starts, it ends in two ways; 1) I travel 2) I get all moody and depressed. The second happens a lot more often than the first.

I can fly round trip to Korea for $860 right this second.

Las Vegas. New York. Orlando. Hawaii. Ft. Lauderdale. San Diego. Philadelphia. San Francisco.

Yellowstone. Yosemite. Banff. Rocky Mountain. Glacier. Everglades. Ozarks. Denali. Grand Canyon. Zion. Bryce.

That’s just the United States.

Central America. South America. Europe. Asia. Africa. Australia.

I legitimately looked into being a travel agent a while back considering I do it anyway. Either that be a spokesman for the Snickers commercial.

I think I could do better than the garden gnome or William Shatner.

I don’t really have a good reason to be writing this other than I am feeling that itch again.

Anyone want to offer Staci and I an all-expense paid vacation? That would be lovely…

No comments:

Post a Comment