Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Snap, Crackle, Pop

“Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?” –Rose Kennedy

How fitting after a day full of storms. Hail. Lightning. Thunder. Wind. It’s a storm!

Okay so I love storms. And when I say love, I mean love. I just love the way the air feels right before the storm arrives. I love the way the energy fluctuates as the storm comes, hits and goes.

The only thing I don’t like about storms is that I am always sad to see them go.

I am really, really weird. Because the same is true about the storms in life. When a challenging circumstances comes to an end, I want it back. I love challenge. I love to be pushed. I love the way I grow in times of trial.

I am really, really weird. Because the “sunlight” that I see is the growth I sense in myself.

I think that is what redemption means to me. That the storm itself is transformed into sunlight. The darkness is what brings the light. The pain is where the healing comes from.

So whether it is storms of the sky or storms of the heart, I love the air afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment